Chapter 37 - Enemy of the Lord, Satan
Open menu
This site requires javascript to function.

I, The Dragon Overlord Chapter 37 - Enemy of the Lord, Satan

Before the group lay a gigantic creature flexing its tail in boredom.

As the professor predicted, its size easily reached ten meters in length, but what stunned them more was its glamorous appearance. The reptile had a graceful but powerful frame that certainly seemed capable of flattening trees. Its scales, however, were the real eye-catcher. Under the mottled sunlight that pierced through the forest canopy, they glittered in an ethereal and enchanting gold. The professor was perplexed. Orthodox evolutionary theory would clearly deem such a predator as impossible. Its size would make it an easy target for its enemies, and its sheen would mean it was easy for its prey to recognize it from a distance.

But how could the professor have expected that what awaited them was no dinosaur, but a creature from countless myths and legends?

“Dr...agon…… a dragon……” Lucy croaked dryly.

Its head was clearly reminiscent of the dragons of myth and was borne aloft by a slender yet brawny neck. On its back was a pair of bat-like wings, and its spinal column eventually gave way to a heavy and muscular tail. The tips of its powerful limbs were adorned with sharp claws.

Each scale shone as though coated with a mysterious metal. And its inverted pupils gleamed with a cold but elegant light.

“Professor……. this is not a dinosaur…… This is…… a dragon!!!”

Shivering, Lucy managed to form a cohesive sentence.

From her understanding, rather than from a western standpoint, dragons were never good omens. Rather they were tyrants and destructive creatures.

The original draconic legend originated from Mesopotamian and Babylonian mythology. The canonical clay tablet, the Enuma Elish, told of the creation of the world and gods by the deities Apsu and Tiamat. In the myth, the gods represented reproduction and sanctity, and dragons were forces of destruction. 

Under the cultural interpretation of Greek mythology and Christianity, dragons were further cast as symbols of greed and despotism.

“Impossible! How could this be?! Unless… Could the myths of old actually

We are unable to load the verification.
Please unblock any scripts or login to continue reading.