Chapter 76: Wu Yu 10 (2)
Open menu
This site requires javascript to function.

“Brother Yu!”

“Brother Yu! Brother Yu!”

Xiao Hua and the lot probably noticed something between Tan Jiao and me, so their teasing became even more intense. They shouted my name while looking at Tan Jiao to attract the attention of the other customers as well. Even though Tan Jiao looked calm, her ears were slightly red.

“Who told you guys to tease her?”

They immediately settled down.

She kept her head down.

Some more food came, but everything seemed bland and tasteless. I wanted to look at her, yet I had to keep a distance. The two of us were probably the quietest people in the whole barbeque shop.

Unexpectedly, I received a call from my university professor at that moment.

Professor Chen was the vice dean when I was studying for my master’s degree, and he treated me very well. I had some financial troubles back then, so he brought me along to do research work and shared the revenue with me. He helped me through a difficult period in my life. I had always been grateful to him, but I rarely called him after that incident.

A few months ago, I heard that something had happened at his parent’s place. Apparently, a fire had broken out, and several of his family members died. I tried several times to call him after hearing the news, but I could not reach him at all. People said that he left the university after that incident and brought his only daughter back to Yunnan.

That was why at this moment, I felt somewhat uneasy. “Professor Chen? How have you been?”

The professor’s voice seemed a lot older and duller. “Wu Yu, I’ve been well. I only heard a few days ago that you had left the school and gave up on your work. How have you been?”

“I’m alright. Living my life the way I want to.”

Professor Chen let out a chuckle and said, “Living the way you want to? Hehe… that’s good, that’s good.”

I was somewhat taken aback by that comment.

Beside me, Xiao Hua had already come close to me to eavesdrop. “Professor? Brother Yu even knows a professor?” “Must be some professor teaching at the special forces academy.”

I ignored Xiao Hua and continued my

We are unable to load the verification.
Please unblock any scripts or login to continue reading.

Novel Notes

If you would like to support me in the process, here is a Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/Blender_Gaming
There are no obligations, but every bit of support helps, especially to help pay for editors and my bills.